Perfect Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
Little Sous Tips:
- Safety first! Adult supervision is recommended for steps using the stovetop.
- Get everything prepped before you begin—this recipe is simple, but timing is important. Being organized ahead of time will help you to stay focused.
- Organic and local eggs are best if you can find them, (but if not you’ll still have a great breakfast!)
- You’ll want to cook your eggs slowly over medium/low heat for the best results. If you cook them at a higher temperature, they are likely to turn rubbery.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Tillamook Salted Butter (cut into thin slices)
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup Tillamook Mexican 4 Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
In a (preferably nonstick) skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Swirl the butter to cover the bottom and side of the pan. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk three eggs vigorously (that means quickly!) for about 1 minute.
When the butter is melted, add the eggs to the warm pan. Wait 10 seconds, then use a rubber spatula to begin pulling the wet eggs from the edges of the pan toward the middle. You will begin to see curds form. When about half of the eggs are set with curds, season the eggs with salt and pepper.
When about two-thirds of the eggs are set, add the shredded cheese and stir continuously with a rubber spatula until they are fully set. Turn off the heat but keep the pan on the stove. Top the eggs with the remaining 1 teaspoon of slivered butter. The residual heat in the pan will melt the butter onto the cheesy eggs. Serve immediately!