This sauce makes a great companion to the fresh, homemade pasta from our Oodles of Noodles Kitchen Academy box.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 can tomato sauce (15-ounce)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened—about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until aromatic.
Add tomato sauce, sugar, 2 pinches salt, and black pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover, and cook 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the heat and stir in heavy cream.