Unicorn Yogurt Parfaits
Not only are these natural dyes easy to make, they’re good for you, too! You can also stir them into frosting, icing, cake batter, or cookie dough for a magical touch.
Little Sous Tip:
Safety first! Adult supervision is recommended for steps using the blender or spice grinder.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 1
- 1 cup freeze-dried blueberries, blackberries, or grapes (blue/purple)
- 1 cup freeze-dried raspberries, strawberries, or cherries (red/pink)
- 1 cup freeze-dried bananas, pineapple, or mango (orange/yellow)
- 1 cup freeze-dried kiwi (green)
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Tillamook Yogurt
Using a blender, spice grinder, or mortar and pestle, grind each freeze-dried fruit separately into a fine powder. Each cup of fruit will make ¼ cup of powder. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Divide the yogurt into four small bowls. Add two teaspoons of fruit powder to each bowl and stir. If you want a darker color, add another teaspoon of powder.
Layer the yogurt flavors in a glass or parfait cup and serve.
Optional: Not in the mood for a parfait? Simply dust the unicorn powder over your bowl of Tillamook yogurt and have a magical day!